Monday 28 May 2007

Listen to your heart....

Just came back from the A&E. My cousin had chest pain so I took him this morning and came back about 7 in the afternoon. I spent most of the day sitting there, watching sick people.
Anyway while my cousin went in, I started talking to a French guy in his late 40s. He told me that he was going to go Friday morning to France, because he was missing his wife and the kids. He said that he got up Thursday morning and he felt like going home, so he booked the ticket.

But unfortunately for him, his friends talked him out of it to stay, saying that they would join him if he goes next month. So he stayed. This morning he had a chest pain. Our conversation turned to French wine.
Suddenly he had an attack and fit, before I know he is down on the floor....
They took him in and started treating. The problem was he did not have any past medical records...After few hours, one of the nurses told me that he passed away. I felt really weird and sad.
This made me think that our life is short and time is limited. If he had gone to France, like he planned. He would have been fine... may be who knows. Even if he had had this attack at his place and died...he would have seen his wife and children. Something deep down told him to go. But he listened to friends.
Life is short so don't waste it living someone else's life. People normally get trapped by others thinking, opinions, ideas etc. I am not saying that you shouldn't listen to anyone. But you got to be picky and sensible. Because every one is ready to give advice…its like people-watching cricket, they might not have played any cricket at all, but they will blame the team for electing to bat first.
Don't let the noise of others' opinions; advice, views etc drown out your inner voice from deep down. Most importantly you should have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to choose and become.
Once in awhile you life will be at cross roads. The future will depend on which path you choose. Of course you can always turn back and choose another one if you made a mistake. But you can’t turn the clock and catch up the years gone by.
You got to go with the flow of your heart. Its like my mother called me and asked me whether I am ok one day...out of the blue. I was vomiting and had a fever. I asked her whether my sister has told her. But she said no I got up this morning and felt like I want to talk to you. People will think its just coincidence.... but no. There is something in our heart deep down.
So you can consider all the advice from the people, but the decision is yours. Of course sometime you will screw up big time going with your heart.
Because life is like that….you win some and you lose some. Without losing, you can't enjoy and know the worth of winning.

Express from your heart...
Do what your heart wants you to do...
Be who you are….not what others want you to be...
Be truthful to your heart...

3 comments:

Vidya Natarajan said...

hey even u got a nice blog here
and yeah sometimes we let others rule us!

Akash said...

Hi Zany
Thanks for dropping by...
Some people dont even know that their decisions are made by others...
Known Stranger

Vidya Natarajan said...

hey thnks for the comments
are u referring to the songs in 'sing for a momenet and scream for a moment'
if yes
yep tht was me!