Saturday 9 June 2007

Donate yourself

For the last 7/8 days the TV channels are not working at home. And the worst part is the internet is down as well. As everything was supplied by Virgin media including the phone line. But today I am picking up a wireless connection from the next door.


I learnt a new thing few days ago. I went to the hospital to see my friend’s wife who gave birth to a lovely girl few days ago. While I was sitting there, I saw this poster asking to donate organs. I always thought that you can decide only after if you are sure that your going to die. But no, you can decide and register yourself to be an organ donor. And even you can choose what you are going to donate. Whether part of it or everything. I always wanted to give blood. But I am so thin; they will probably pump some blood into my body if I go there to donate blood. But organ donation. I can donate, even with my skinny body.

Anyway I registered myself to give everything. Today they have sent me a donor card, which I should carry all the time. So if something happens to me and die, they have the right to take the organs.
Long time ago one of my friends mother died, because she didn’t have the right organ donor. I think it was something to do with her blood group being different.
When we die that’s the least we can do to this world. What we are going to do with the organs….by taking to our grave…..nothing… So think and do something good ....
And I am sure most of the countries would have something like this. So people think about it….

For people in UK, if you want to know more about it. Click Here

While I was sitting in the waiting area, I spotted something and took a picture with my phone. When I saw i was shocked. But soon realised that it is not sex ambulance, but it is Sussex...a county in UK.


2 comments:

Vidya Natarajan said...

hmm....even i always wanted to donate organs
i have donated blood
ippo next step organs only

Priya Iyer said...

hi!

wonderful post...something i could relate to. i think the same way. donating our organs is one of the best things we could do in life. i want to do it too, but have never actually got around to doing it..your post makes me want to do it...