Sunday 3 August 2008

Camping - Lake District

About 16 years ago I attended a National Jamboree as a scout and represented my School with pride. That was an awesome experience. After 15 days of official camping we stayed over for next 2 days just to have some fun. Over 2000 odd scout gathered and once they have left, the whole site is for us.



We had this amazing camp fire on our last night. Dramas, Drinks, you name it and we had it. I can still remember every single day of those 17 days of camping. And to be honest with you I don’t have any contact with anyone of those school mates and town mates. When we left we were talking about, whether we could get together in future. And as school kids we promised each other that we will do that every year and no matter where we go we always keep contact.

If someone had told me that day that my next camping experience would be in a place called Cumbria which is more than 5000 miles away from home, I would have laughed and said no.
Yes people. It did happen. After 16 years I went camping in a place called Lake District in Cumbria. Its not I don’t like camping, I love it, but the problem is finding bunch of guys with the same enthusiasm for camping.
We had a blasting 5 days of camping. It was different. No ones looking after us. We are in control. I mean not all the time. Once my friends have finished few bottles of Martel, No one is under control.
In those 5 days we had mountain biking, Trekking, Motor boating, Rowing, BBQ and plus driving around some of the beautiful places in UK.

As you would have thought by the way I am writing, I had a good time. I haven’t laughed so much in a long time. And I am telling you, I needed that. Anyway I don’t want to bore you with all the little detail of the trip. The bottom line is that I had a good time and it reminded me of good old days.
I have up loaded some pictures I took for you guys to enjoy. Plus I have loaded some of my Sri Lankan trip photos as well.

3 comments:

Keshi said...

hey r ya from Sri Lanka? WOW! :)

Keshi.

Akash said...

Hi keshi,,

Ofcourse I am proud sri lankan....

Akash

Aarthi said...

Pretty pics..:)